We are looking for Technical Writer to own our technical content strategy, work with engineering and product teams to identify content requirements, and create high-quality documentation that meets those requirements. The successful applicant will be great at communicating technical concepts in a simple manner.
Oradian’s flagship product Instafin is a cloud-based tool for financial inclusion designed for financial institutions in Africa and Southeast Asia. We are poised to scale operations in the seven countries we currently work in while entering new markets.
Ideally, applicants should have experience working in internal and external knowledge-base and content-management software, for example, Zendesk or similar tools.
Technical content strategy
- Define user requirements for different types of internal and external users of our cloud-based Management Information System, Instafin
- Identify and document instructions for all functionality
- Create a process of QA for documentation, including testing with users at appropriate intervals
- Providing input from an authoring point of view into decisions about the software to use for our user guide and similar documentation
- Define how content is organised, presented, and indexed
- Create an editorial style guide in line with Oradian’s brand guidelines
Content creation and updating
- Create instructional text, images and videos, in line with the defined content strategy, along with any meta-data needed
- Use all principles of plain English and inclusive language
- Write in a way that is accessible and machine-translatable
Qualifications and experience
- Native level English
- Ideally, you will have a formal qualification in technical writing. We will also consider your application if you have a Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of experience in a Technical Writer role for a software company
- Ability to write flawless English, with no grammar or spelling mistakes
- Knowledge of controlled languages, such as Simplified Technical English
When you apply, these are the steps we’ll go through:
About OradianOradian – and why it’s disruptive
- We’ll assess your CV
- If your CV is suitable, we’ll ask you to complete a short writing assignment at home (it won’t take more than 30 minutes)
- If the writing assignment suits our level and style, we’ll ask you to interview with us
- We’ll meet for the interview – and answer any questions you have. At this time, we might ask you to do another short assignment in the office (don’t worry, it won’t be longer than 20 minutes!)
- Hopefully, if all goes well and your writing style suits our brand, we’ll ask you if you would like to join us
We currently partner with over 60 financial institutions in seven countries with a concentration in the Philippines and Nigeria. Collectively, our partners provide access to financial services for over one million end-clients. We are now poised to scale operations and increase sales throughout West Africa, East Africa and Southeast Asia.
Oradian is headquartered in Zagreb (Croatia) with offices in Lagos (Nigeria) and Manila (Philippines).Where we work
We are a quickly growing team of talented and committed experts in technology and microfinance. We work in an open, collaborative culture. We have over 100 team members from more than 20 countries.Our team
Our toolset enables financial institutions to become more efficient, know and control their portfolios and serve more clients. We provide access to our toolset on a subscription basis, giving financial institutions access to leading technology. Oradian is a financial inclusion company serving financial institutions in remote, hard-to-reach communities. Using insights from our community of customers, we build a cloud-based toolset that smart financial institutions plug into to access best practice and efficiency.