We are looking for an experienced Operations Manager with the excellent structured style of management and negotiating skills who thrives in a challenging and dynamic work environment.
You need to be a team player to join our dynamic team and take on full responsibility for logistics, internal communication and change management.
A successful candidate will be responsible for the daily operations of the organisation in order to improve performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies.
You are a gatekeeper for your team in order to distribute the policies and changes coming from our global leaders.
We are a team of more than 130 team members, with offices in Zagreb, Croatia; Lagos, Nigeria and Manilla, Philippines. Our company is growing and transforming quickly. You will report to the Global Business Operations Manager based in Zagreb, Croatia.
- Supporting business operations: negotiate and manage supplier agreements, support different teams with operational issues, establish and manage good relationship with business stakeholders and partners
- Lead day to day operations and deliver on operational plans to achieve the company's strategic goals
- Establish an operating rhythm of the business to ensure the organisation is running effectively and efficiently to meet goals and objectives
- Find and pursue cost and processes efficiency opportunities
- Organize office operations and procedures in alignment with Global Business Operations Manager
- Coordinate activities with IT department to make sure all team members have required IT tools
- Organize purchase of equipment, plan inventory and ensure warehouse efficiency
- Provide administrative and operational support for MD and our senior management team
- Maintain a close relationship with the global office in Zagreb ensuring full transparency and cooperation at the highest level
- Ensure that all work is done at the highest standard, ensuring quality and timely results, and in alignment with local and global (functional) leaders
- Ensure visitors and team members are entering a clean and safe environment that meets health & safety standards as set by the company as well as local rules and regulations at all times
- Address and support customer's or team members concerns
- Identify, champion and implement new initiatives with key stakeholders to improve our business operations and overall business results
Talent and Culture
- Support recruiting activities and oversee new employee onboarding and training programs
- Engage employees through meaningful training and growth opportunities
- Manage employment contracts
- Ensure all immigration activities for expats are done in time and according to legal requirements
- Custodian of Oradian's culture: articulate and demonstrate our team values and behaviours
Reporting and projects
- Prepare and deliver weekly, monthly, quarterly status reports to manage risks and issues and improve team communication and collaboration
- Take complete ownership of relevant projects to end to end: prepare the business case, manage scope, cost, schedule, risks, issues, decisions, interdependencies and milestones
Qualifications and Experience
- Business administration, understanding business operations, accounting, HR and marketing
- 5-8 years of experience in relevant jobs
- Proficiency in Office 365
- BS degree in operations management or similar relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of organisational effectiveness and operations management
- Hands on experience with budget development and management
- Applicable knowledge of budgets, forecasting, and metrics
- Experience in working, with international teams and businesses
- Experience in supporting global business, aligning business processes and introduce policies to local/country team
- Fluent in English
- Open minded and able to display strong cultural sensitivity
- Developed sense for prioritization
- Hands-on experience with business operations methods and strategies
- Business acumen
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Multi-tasking aptitude
- Proactive problem solver
- Team player
Oradian is a financial inclusion company serving financial institutions in remote, hard-to-reach communities. Using insights from our community of customers, we provide a cloud-based toolset that smart financial institutions plug into to access best practice and efficiency. With Oradian, financial institutions are able to boost global financial inclusion by growing and serving more clients.
Oradian’s toolset - and why it’s disruptive
We provide access to our toolset on a subscription basis, based on the number of clients the financial institution serves. Oradian’s subscription model makes it possible for financial institutions of all sizes to access leading technology.
With Oradian’s toolset financial institutions are enabled to drive financial inclusion through:
Efficiency with automatic, simplified administration
Informed decision-making with real-time data and reporting
Growth to reach more clients without incremental costs
By delivering three main business benefits, Oradian delivers the opportunity for financial institutions to know and control their portfolios.
Oradian’s global community
Our global community of financial institutions is made up of over 70 visionary customers – rural banks, MFBs, MFIs, Saccos and Cooperative Societies – from ten countries: Brunei, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Myanmar, Nigeria, the Philippines and Zimbabwe.
Together, our customers provide access to digital financial services for over 2.5 million clients in remote, hard-to-reach parts of the world. We are poised to scale operations and increase sales throughout West Africa, East Africa and Southeast Asia.
Oradian is headquartered in Zagreb, Croatia with offices in Lagos, Nigeria, Accra, Ghana and Manila, Philippines. We are a fast-growing team of talented and committed experts in technology and microfinance. We work in an open, collaborative culture. We have over 130 team members from more than 30 countries.