We are looking for a Managing Director to join and lead our team in the Philippines. In collaboration with the global management team, the Managing Director will be responsible for managing and expanding Oradian business in specific market, including customer acquisition and customer success, as well as business operations and human resources.
Oradian provides cloud-based tools for financial inclusion to financial institutions in Africa and Southeast Asia. We are poised to scale operations in the eleven countries we currently work in while entering new markets.
Applicants must have a solid understanding of SaaS business, experience working hands-on in cross-cultural, multi-jurisdiction operations and have had effectively managed teams in a dynamic and diverse environment.
The Managing Director will be based in Oradian office in Makati, Manilla. The position requires regular travel throughout the Philippines and occasional travel to the Oradian HQ in Zagreb, Croatia.
- Exercise financial, HR and technology management to accomplish the organization’s mission
- Develop strategic plans to reach or exceed sales targets and take responsibility for reaching or exceeding sales targets
- Represent Oradian at conferences and events and build the Oradian brand for new recruits in-market
- Manage current team of 40 team members, recruit, onboard and train new team members
- Oversee all daily operations, manage all budgets and regulatory obligations
- Maintain key partnerships and establish new partnerships with customers and local organisations
- Support the team through the sales process (Oradian Customer Journey)
- Communicate with Global leadership team proactively and regularly
- Work with management to solve issues as quickly as possible
- Custodian of the Oradian culture with the team and in all offices
- Inspire, motivate and guide others toward accomplishment of the organizations goals
- Encourage and facilitate cooperation within the organization to develop a common focus
- Develop leadership skills in others through coaching, mentoring, rewarding and guiding team members
- Champion cultural diversity in the team
- Foster a high standard of ethics and instil mutual trust and confidence
- Attend to the morale and organizational-climate issues by identifying and preventing potential negative confrontations
- Foster a work environment that encourages creative thinking and the ability to maintain focus, intensity and persistence, even under adversity
- Develop partnerships with other organizations and individuals who can help solve issues and identify the internal and external forces that impact our organisation and business success
- Accountable for business results and continuous improvement
- Perform all duties and act in accordance with Oradian culture and quality standards
- Respond timely to all written and verbal communication
- Proactively share information with relevant team members (leaders) about work performed, business performance and any potential risks / blockers
- Collaborate with the senior management team to achieve the company vision, maximize growth, and evolve the business into a global company
- Highlight and identify challenges and bring them to the Company’s attention timely
Qualifications and experience
- At least four years of work experience in this or similar position
- At least two years of work experience working in
- Early stage SaaS businesses
- Microfinance and financial inclusion
- Business Administration degree or similar education
- Leading people: building the team, cultural awareness, integrity and honesty, conflict management
- Leading change:
- Demonstrate openness to different ways of doing things, continual spirit of learning
- Recognize and understand forces in and outside of the organization
- Communicating and building partnerships: employing interpersonal skills, communicating through both the spoken and the written word, influencing and negotiating, partnering
- Exercising business judgment and being results driven: able to make timely and effective decisions and produce results through strategic planning and the implementation and evaluation of programs and policies; business acumen
- Highly curious, inquisitive and creative; high integrity; strong interpersonal skills
Oradian is a financial inclusion company serving financial institutions in remote, hard-to-reach communities. Using insights from our community of customers, we provide a cloud-based toolset that smart financial institutions plug into to access best practice and efficiency. With Oradian, financial institutions are able to boost global financial inclusion by growing and serving more clients.
Oradian’s toolset - and why it’s disruptive
We provide access to our toolset on a subscription basis, based on the number of clients the financial institution serves. Oradian’s subscription model makes it possible for financial institutions of all sizes to access leading technology.
With Oradian’s toolset financial institutions are enabled to drive financial inclusion through:
- Efficiency with automatic, simplified administration
- Informed decision-making with real-time data and reporting
- Growth to reach more clients without incremental costs
By delivering three main business benefits, Oradian delivers the opportunity for financial institutions to know and control their portfolios.
Oradian’s global community
Our global community of financial institutions is made up of over 75 visionary customers – rural banks, MFBs, MFIs, Saccos and Cooperative Societies – from ten countries: Brunei, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Myanmar, Nigeria, the Philippines and Zimbabwe.
Together, our customers provide access to digital financial services for over 2.5 million clients in remote, hard-to-reach parts of the world. We are poised to scale operations and increase sales throughout West Africa, East Africa and Southeast Asia.
Oradian is headquartered in Zagreb, Croatia with offices in Lagos, Nigeria, Accra, Ghana and Manila, Philippines. We are a fast-growing team of talented and committed experts in technology and microfinance. We work in an open, collaborative culture. We have over 130 team members from more than 25 countries.