We are looking for a Senior Back End Developer to lead the way with the internal work on our cutting edge application. The successful applicant will be responsible for designing, developing, maintaining and optimising our cloud based solution system.
Oradian’s customer base is set to grow exponentially as we scale operations in Africa and Southeast Asia, so our Back End Developer will need creativity, experience and enthusiasm to work on the core engine of our growth - an interactive application which meets the high standards and needs of both our company and customers.
You will be required to:
- Know your stuff - keep up to date with emerging technologies and trends within the industry
- Be a problem solver - take a forward thinking approach to providing solutions
- Do the actual technical work – which involves expertise programming Scala in interaction with the ORDBMS
- Work collaboratively - so you and the team can create a quality codebase everyone is proud of
Qualifications and experience
You will need:
- At least six years experience working in back end development with Scala/Java or equivalent
- In-depth knowledge of OOP/FP paradigms and design patterns
- Best practices and experience in working with transactional systems
- Being SOLID & DRY
- Experience working with DVCS
- PostgreeSQL as it’s our ORDBMS of choice
- Very Simple Build Tool
About OradianOradian – and why it’s disruptive
- We expect a high level of team collaboration in all aspects of work at Oradian
- You should be a multitasker with the ability to perform in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- You will be self organised and able to prioritise assignments accordingly
- Fluency in English is essential
We currently partner with over 60 financial institutions in seven countries with a concentration in the Philippines and Nigeria. Collectively, our partners provide access to financial services for over one million end-clients. We are now poised to scale operations and increase sales throughout West Africa, East Africa and Southeast Asia.
Oradian is headquartered in Zagreb (Croatia) with offices in Lagos (Nigeria) and Manila (Philippines).
Where we work
We are a quickly growing team of talented and committed experts in technology and microfinance. We work in an open, collaborative culture. We have over 100 team members from more than 20 countries.Our team
Our toolset enables financial institutions to become more efficient, know and control their portfolios and serve more clients. We provide access to our toolset on a subscription basis, giving financial institutions access to leading technology. Oradian is a financial inclusion company serving financial institutions in remote, hard-to-reach communities. Using insights from our community of customers, we build a cloud-based toolset that smart financial institutions plug into to access best practice and efficiency.